Tuesday 30 July 2013

What inspires you?

I hope you have read that up there ^ beautiful isn't it? Another great Pinterest find!

It made me think of this post straight away...what inspires you? Do you find words uplifting? Do you live your life by a mantra? I would love to hear from you if you do.

I must admit there I certain quotes I adore, some I am inspired by, some I just relate to. A friend once said to me 'If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got.'  I remember thinking 'Wow!'  At that time it hit the nail on the head for me. So now if I am fed up with something, I let myself have my moment and then pretty quickly I think of that saying. If I don't do nothing, nothing is ever going to change.

So when I found this on Pinterest I instantly thought of my children when I had finished reading. It got me thinking that this should be a Mother's Prayer shouldn't it? Isn't this everything a Mother could possibly want?

I think there is a whole lot of emphasis put on children becoming successful adults. Yes, I get that. No parent wants their child to be an unsuccessful adult. But just what is successful? Surely it's different things to different people?  Perhaps your version of a successful adult is one that has achieved good grades? One that has gotten a degree? Has a well paid job?

Over my 4.5 year journey as a parent I have often thought of what I want my children to be, what I wish for them when they are grown. It finally hit me...I think somewhere amongst the paint, the mud, the sand, the mess...the LAUGHTER... Aha! That's it!

I want them HAPPY. I want them HEALTHY. That's it..that's all.

We all know how tough adult life can be so, ultimately, this is actually everything?

If my child is an academic who loves and embraces school life, who wants to go all the way in terms of education and is HAPPY to do this, then so am I.

If my child is a creative individual, who wants to sing, dance, make music or paint...if they are HAPPY. So am I.

If my child loathes structure and wants to shake off everything and go travelling....gaining experiences, meeting people and coming back home a bit smelly because they haven't washed in months...but they are HAPPY. So am I. (Providing they take a bath)

I know as an adult, I will admit I have had painfully unhappy times in my life. I know my children will go through this at some point too...a minimal amount I hope. However, when I am happy...there is no feeling that matches it. I want my children to feel that.

What do you want for your children? What inspires you to achieve this?

Thanks for reading!


Love OMM xx

1 comment:

  1. I think this is such a beautiful, heartfelt post.

    I don't have children, but if I did, I'd want for them what you've stated here.

    The mantra I live by is The Golden Rule: Do unto others as you would have them do unto you. If you want a friend, be a friend. I think positivity can make the world a better place for everyone, even when expressed in small ways. Perhaps, best when expressed in small ways.

    Thank you for this post. X

    ReplyDelete